Join us on the ICAway Podcast for insights on landing CPT, OPT, and H-1B jobs as an international student. 🎙️ Hosted by Kwan Segal, today’s guest, Martha Sidhu, a manager at KPMG, shares wisdom on embracing cultural add in the workplace. 🌍 Learn how to highlight your uniqueness and make a meaningful contribution!
- 02:10 – 04:55: Discussion about cultural fit vs. cultural add.
- 04:55 – 10:15: Martha’s personal experience with cultural fit and add, and the value of embracing individuality.
- 10:15 – 16:45: Examples of cultural add in action and how international students can highlight their cultural contributions during the hiring process.
- 16:45 – 21:50: Being visible without trying too hard to fit in, belonging, and the importance of recognizing your unique value.
- 21:50 – 27:25: Martha’s advice on finding and joining ERGs (Employee Resource Groups) and the benefits of involvement.
- 27:25 – 32:40: Wrapping up the podcast, final advice on embracing unique identities, and making meaningful contributions.
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/icaway/support